Please do not touch the exhibit
Engagement with art work an exhibits in galleries and museums. Essay idea? I want to touch or interact with objects – do something, texture. Looking versus interacting
Technology – Advanced robots, computers, devices. How do they work? Arthur C Clarke:
- When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
- The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
- Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Not sure what this page is about?
- Time travel (theories)
- Science (theories)
- Technology, imagined inventions. Robots?
- Characters/ narratives
- Creatures, imagined or real
- History, what came before and how that led to the world now. How things change over time – e.g. an open space becoming a city.
- History – (miss)understanding objects from the past, what do they do? What might they have been or look like?
- Real or fictional? – Is what is being viewed a work of fiction or a real object/event/narrative/person? – blurred lines – suspension of disbelief, looking closer, questioning. How does this work? Wait what? May involve humour or absurdity? Balance.
- Audience engagement – The work may be interacted with in some way
- Sculpture, Video, Installation
Similar idea – virtual world. PC set up with a camera pointing outside, or somewhere else? Try to pass off as a super advanced virtual world running inside the computer.
Brainwave machine or other imagined devices
Idea 2. We are always moving through time, even when sitting, standing or just existing. Could a time machine simply be a chair/s that people can sit in labeled time machine? Maybe a clock on a table? Perhaps a ticking? BY the time you stand you will have moved forward in time.
“Big Bounce” sculpture
Fictional history exhibit
One small event can have a larger impact. Previous work – light boxes. Further idea – hanging objects in a V shape that can be moved through or touched – linked together? Touch the first object should have an impact further into the work. Random? Ripples. Liquid.
Dr Thraxaplaxis – revisit ?
Isolation video https://youtu.be/EFHFxDeVQjw
Losing my head https://youtu.be/xaJQVmuYdio
Fossil break https://youtu.be/rb-q8ulAcBc
Conductivity experiments https://youtu.be/GV1JQs-GPOQ