This week has been a holiday for me and I have spent a good amount of it being creative and working on various projects.
At the end of last week and the beginning of this one I finished modeling a sword I
At the beginning of the year I doodled some sword designs in a sketch book. It think there were about 8 or 9 in total. I wanted to make one of them but couldn’t decide which to do and so asked my friends which I should make. Below is the one that was most popular, now referred to as sword 8.
Rather than Balsawood and worbla I chose to go with 3D printing. At the end of last week and the start of this one I modeled the design and broke it down into parts. I also add a space inside the sword to slot in a 4mm/1metre rod for added strength. With the design finished I have begun printing off the parts and sanding them between working on my other projects.
Getting distracted by a new project idea seems to be one of the problems I’m encountering a lot recently. An example of this is when I watched a video from Punished Props which came out on Monday. This video is a tutorial on how to make a foam skull from Sea of Thieves, which has a downloadable template available. Well I couldn’t miss this chance to try something different and ended up making one. Mine didn’t turn out quite right, but I had lots of fun making it, plus I finished it and can carry on with other things. The video is below if you want to try your own.
Work is almost done on the Sith mask having done all but a bit of the filling/sculpting. It just needs a bit of sanding and it should be ready for casting again.