January 2

This week I continued to work on a few different projects:

20180113_154530.jpg

Buckler

It was still cold out and even though everything jumped around when I was hammering, I chose to finish constructing my shield inside. Turns out my work benches are pretty resilient : /

Everything was checked for sharp edges and sanded smooth. I then cut out a grip and panel details for the front. All the parts were joined together using aluminium rivets and much hammering. I think I got the hang of peening rivets by the end – there’s a bit more technique involved than simply hitting them hard.

Rather than leave this one with a base metal finish, I plan to colour the main body black and leave the panels and boss polished silver.

Thor Swords

Slowly getting closer to casting these. Just want to make sure they are perfect before doing so. Still ignoring that urge to just do it and It can be tempting to just ignore small dents and blemishes, but these will show when cast.

Mask

20180114_164431.jpg

I Started adding the central details to my Darth Nihilus mask. Just two more parts to add then I’ll begin making sure everything is symmetrical and then smooth it over.

Screwdriver

Annoyingly, it still does not fit well together. I did some further sanding on the interior of  to no effect. May just re-check the model and print these to parts again 😦

20180114_160026.jpg

Random hammer that I did while waiting for things to dry. Might put this on my store when done.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s